Must be SC certified or eligible for SC certification.
Certification by the South Carolina Department of Education in elementary
education, reading, or special education; a minimum of five years of teaching
experience; experience working with at-risk learners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses data from standardized tests, classroom grades, and Measures of Academic Progress (MAP), and curriculum based measures to identify at risk students in reading in grades 6-8.
- Coordinates with the school principal a schedule to accommodate identified students in the program.
- Attends training sessions as the principal directs.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the South Carolina English Language Arts curriculum standards.
- Provides instruction in reading to small groups of at-risk students as directed by the principal.
- Works closely with English Language Arts teachers to coordinate efforts of the intervention program with the regular classroom to promote student success.
- Maintains required data on individual student progress and disseminates data to principal, teachers, and parents and interim report and report card periods.
- Compiles reports as needed.
- Collaborates with the principal.