POSITION PURPOSE: To create and maintain a positive, stimulating environment for students to promote a culture of learning. Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students. Prepare, administer and evaluate tests and classroom assignments following curriculum guidelines. Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic difficulties, or special academic interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Provide developmentally and academically appropriate opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving, with flexibility for meeting individual student needs.
- Plan, create and implement a dynamic classroom environment conductive to learning and relevant to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Select materials and equipment appropriate for the instructional program.
- Model appropriate activities and positive behavior management techniques through daily contact with students and classroom staff.
- Collaborate with other staff in developing plans and sharing best practices to provide comprehensive services to the students and families being served.
- Assist in ensuring parent involvement and/or awareness in program planning through open communications, parent meetings, conferences, and parent newsletters.
- Advocate for parents in accessing resources and support services as needed.
- Ensure compliance with required federal, state, district and school policies regarding documentation and record keeping responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal, Superintendent or other district office administrator as designated by the Superintendent.
- Must have a valid South Carolina teaching or be able to obtain one within 60 days from being hired.
- Must be Highly Qualified in the content area or be able to become Highly Qualified within 60 days from being hired.
May River High School
Principal Todd Bornscheuer
Interviews are being scheduled: December 4
Time: By Appointment
Location: 2900 Mink Point Blvd., Beaufort, SC
Additional information: Your application must be complete before scheduling an appointment. Candidates will be considered for 2018-19 and 2019-20 projected vacancies.