- Teaches knowledge and skills in art, including crafts, drawing, painting, lettering, design, commercial art, art history, and/or three-dimensional art, utilizes course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Provides instruction by which pupils develop aesthetic concepts and appreciation, and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art.
- Demonstrates techniques in activities such as drawing, painting, and modeling, using standard and/or teacher-prepared instructional aids.
- Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and working time.
- Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the need of each pupil with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment.
- Instructs pupils in proper care and use of tools and equipment.
- Organizes storage areas and controls use of materials, equipment, and tools to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize time required for distribution and collection.
- Plans and presents art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit pupils' work for the school and the community.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities provided by the district and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal, Superintendent or other district office administrator as designated by the Superintendent.
- Must have a valid South Carolina teaching or be able to obtain one within 60 days from being hired.
- Must be Highly Qualified in the content area or be able to become Highly Qualified within 60 days from being hired.
Lady's Island Elementary School
Interviews for this position will be scheduled December 4. 3:00-5:00. Your application must be complete before scheduling an appointment. Candidates will be considered for 2018-19 and 2019-20 projected vacancies.
Please contact Jill McAden to schedule an interview. 843-322-2334