1. Minimum- Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood or elementary education
2. Valid SC Teaching Certificate (in elementary or early childhood education).
3. Must hold R2S teacher endorsement (or currently working toward R2S teacher endorsement).
4. Knowledge of early literacy learning and classroom practices.
5. Prior experience with reading intervention materials, especially for Tier II and Tier III students.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Skills in computer word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and accurate record keeping.
1. Assist in the identification of struggling readers, form small groups of students with similar needs, and provide instruction to meet individual student needs.
2. Develop individualized growth plans based on each student’s specific strengths and needs.
3. Employ a variety of instructional strategies to meet students’ needs.
4. Administer progress monitoring for all assigned students and enter data into databases.
5. Provide high-quality intervention services to selected children, adjusting plans as necessary.
6. Communicate with school personnel and parents of children on a regular basis.
7. Maintain accurate and appropriate records on each child as a basis for instruction.
8. Attend RTI meetings.
9. Attend required professional development training.
10. Perform all other duties that may be asked by the supervisor, principal, and superintendent.
Hunter Street Elementary School