TITLE: Director of Secondary Education
AGREEMENT: 12 Months
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Master’s Degree or higher
- Valid South Carolina professional certificate in the area of administration and supervision
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience; high school administration/supervisor or equivalent
- Extensive experience with an online school environment
- Experience in supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Ability to learn new technologies and tools
SUPERVISOR: Chief Executive Officer
SALARY: Outlined in offer letter
JOB SUMMARY: Serve as the high school principal leading teachers and students and assisting in overall high school operations
Supervise the instructional staff to ensure the effective, accurate and timely delivery of online courses to SCVCS students with a focus on student success.
Observe and evaluate high school teachers utilizing specific online teacher evaluation tools, annual formative assessments, and provide timely feedback.
Assist in the hiring process of new teachers, supervise the training process, and assign appropriate mentors.
- Utilize internal and external data points for new students to determine enrollment eligibility.
- Collaborate with Administration and Team members in decisions related to historical enrollment trends, updated curriculum offerings, researching best practices in online learning resulting in meeting the needs of high school students.
- Analyze student test data for improvements in instruction and overall ranking with other virtual schools using iReady, WIN, SAT, EOC.
- Participate in quarterly data discussions with teachers, review research in virtual education, and share trends on a state/national level.
- Coordinate activities for, and leadership of, high school department heads and communicate any concerns.
- Determine staff patterns and teaching schedule for grades 9-12 in coordination with Administrative staff.
- Coordinate and conduct teacher in-service workshops and training and development programs.
- Participate in state and national conferences.
- Establish effective liaison relationships with the various offices and agencies within the state to provide professional help to students and their parents and serve as the referral agent to those offices and agencies.
- Maintain active membership in professional organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of state standards in relation to the SCVCS curriculum.
- Collaborate with Town Hall facilitators, school counselors & mentors.
- Collaborate with, and serve as liaison to, organizations and state agencies in support of virtual education in general and in support of teaching and learning within SCVCS.
- Perform other duties as may be delegated by the SCVCS Chief Executive Officer.
SC Virtual Charter School - online charter school
Please send cover letter, resume, references, and a copy of SC Educator License to email@example.com.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: May 3, 2021