To implement the district’s comprehensive counseling program for elementary level students; to consult with and assist teachers, parents, and staff to enhance their effectiveness in helping students; to protect the confidentiality of student records; and to provide appropriate support for educational programs.
- Teach, team teach with, or assist teachers in teaching guidance curriculum learning activities.
- Meet with small groups of children to teach specific skills, i.e., study skills, social skills, assertiveness training, decision-making, etc.
- Provide information and/or support to parents as needed or requested.
- Assist administrators, teachers, and parents regarding the student’s educational needs.
- Assist students in making the transition from school to school through orientation activities.
- Participate in the intervention team process or school support team.
- Counsel individuals and small groups of students toward personal/social, development and emotional growth.
- Counsel small groups of students in areas such as families in transition, coping with grief, self-esteem, drug and alcohol concerns, peer relations, etc.
- Counsel individuals and groups of students toward the development of academic development and career plans.
- Consult with parents, staff members, and community agencies regarding strategies to help students.
- Refer children and their families to special programs, specialists, and community agencies when appropriate.
- Counsel and support children and their families facing emergency situations and make appropriate outside referrals.
- Plan and evaluate the counseling program.
- Promote a positive working relationship with students, staff, and members of the community.
- Pursue continuous professional growth by keeping current with educational developments and literature in the field of school guidance.
- Develop and maintain a library of pertinent information available to students, parents, and staff.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned.
Greenwood 51 - Ware Shoals
Ware Shoals Primary, grades Pre-K through 4th