In need of a Mid-Level Language Arts Teacher for Timmonsville High School. Applicant must be certified in area of English.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Valid and appropriate South Carolina State Department of Education certification.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current trends and innovations in instructional practices
REPORTS TO: Principal
- Instructs and assigns classes according to state standards and the school’s planned program of study to meet the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum by establishing objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Identifies the learning problems of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of school and district specialists as required.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students in a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized, small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Works with the communication coordinator to ensure that class’s webpage is up to date and informative.
- Other duties as assigned by Principal/Supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190-day contract.
Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with the school Board Policy on Evaluation of certified personnel