- To provide quality dance instruction and opportunities to showcase students’ accomplishments through informal and formal performances.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Provide developmentally and academically appropriate opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving, with flexibility for meeting individual student needs.
- Plan, create and implement a dynamic classroom environment conductive to learning and relevant to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Select materials and equipment appropriate for the instructional program.
- Model appropriate activities and positive behavior management techniques through daily contact with students and classroom staff.
- Collaborate with other staff in developing plans and sharing best practices to provide comprehensive services to the students and families being served.
- Assist in ensuring parent involvement and/or awareness in program planning through open communications, parent meetings, conferences, and parent newsletters.
- Advocate for parents in accessing resources and support services as needed.
- Ensure compliance with required federal, state, district and school policies regarding documentation and record keeping responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal, Superintendent or other district office administrator as designated by the Superintendent.
- Must have a valid South Carolina teaching or be able to obtain one within 60 days from being hired.
- Must be Highly Qualified in the content area or be able to become Highly Qualified within 60 days from being hired.
- Must have completed a program of study in education from an accredited college or university.
Beaufort County Schools
Lady's Island Elementary
Hilton Head School for the Creative Arts