QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree or above. Must have valid South Carolina teacher’s certificate in K-12 Art Education. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at times designated.
2. Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students and state standards in the subject area.
3. Establishes clear objectives for all classroom activities and communicates these objectives to students.
4. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
5. Utilizes effective classroom management strategies to create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and developmentally appropriate for students.
6. Strives to implement by instruction and action the District’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
7. Takes all the necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
8. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulation.
9. Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TERMS: 190 days. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provision of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
SUMTER SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Hillcrest Middle - Art Teacher
Bates Middle - Art Teacher
Chestnut Oaks Middle - Art Teacher ($1,500 Sign-On Bonus)
Please complete the online district application at here. Qualified candidates with a state teacher certification or are in the process of securing are encouraged to apply. A recruiter will follow up with qualified candidates to schedule an interview with interested principals.
View our school profiles here.
Trevor T. Ivey, Director of Teacher Recruitment & Retention
Sumter School District
1345 Wilson Hall Road
Sumter, SC 29154
803-469-6900, ext. 213 or 803-316-7849