Qualifications: 1. Valid South Carolina Teaching Certificate with Highly
2. Bachelor’s Degree
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board find appropriate and acceptable.
4. Must possess valid driver’s license
5. For additional information regarding certification please contact the South Carolina State
Department of Education, Office of Educator Services, at http://www.ed.sc.gov.
Reports To: Building Principal
Job Objective: To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation. To create and maintain a positive, stimulating environment for students to promote a culture of learning. Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students. Prepare, administer and evaluate tests and classroom assignments following curriculum guideline; guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic difficulties, or special academic interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Provide developmentally and academically appropriate opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving, with flexibility for meeting individual student needs.
- Plan, create and implement a dynamic classroom environment conductive to learning and relevant to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Select materials and equipment appropriate for the instructional program.
- Model appropriate activities and positive behavior management techniques through daily contact with students and classroom staff.
- Collaborate with other staff in developing plans and sharing best practices to provide comprehensive services to the students and families being served.
- Assist in ensuring parent involvement and/or awareness in program planning through open communications, parent meetings, conferences, and parent newsletters.
- Advocate for parents in accessing resources and support services as needed.
- Ensure compliance with required federal, state, district and school policies regarding documentation and record keeping responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.