QUALIFICATIONS: Must have current experience and knowledge of light, medium, and heavy duty Engines, Brakes, Drive Train, Electrical, Suspension and Steering, Transmissions, and Heating and Air Conditioning. Must be ASE certified or be able to become ASE certified in NATEF/ASE T-2 Diesel Engines, T-3 Drive Train, T-4 Brakes, and T-5 Suspension & Steering to meet South Carolina Teacher Licensure Requirements.
- Promote academic and program student achievement by providing systematic observations, feedback, and support of teachers, students, and programs.
- Respond to school administration requests for information, assistance, and/or intervention.
- Communicate and support new and innovative instructional techniques and classroom management.
- Lead program curriculum revision, development, and implementation.
- Implement and monitor adopted curriculum and related materials in the Diesel Technology program.
- Communicate and monitor state and federal program guidelines.
- Assist in the coordination of appropriate technology selection, purchase, installation, and use.
- Promote and participate in student organizations, advisory committees, and special programs.
- Establish a working relationship with school and district administrators.
- Establish partnerships and coordinate programs with area truck dealerships and independent repair shops, and outside agencies to enhance learning opportunities for students.
- Prepare records and reports as necessary.
- Make presentations and prepare exhibits for business, community and school groups.
- Provide students with necessary resources, equipment, and training to perform more effectively.
- Assist in the State and National Certification processes for the Diesel Technology program.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the principal.
TERMS: 190 days. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with Sumter School District Board Policy.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. Employees will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or appropriate administrator. Sumter School District reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description or application deadline at any time for the efficient operation of the district.
Sumter School District is an equal opportunity employer.
Sumter Career & Technology Center