ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary purpose: The purpose of this position is to partner with teaching staff in the development of student literacy through the administration of the library; to provide specialized instruction to faculty and students; and to oversee the selection, organization, utilization, and maintenance of library resources.
Responsibilities and Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with teachers to provide integrated instruction for students in information and technology literacy; assists students and staff in identifying appropriate resources for achievement of student learning goals.
- Providing training for staff in the use of print and electronic reference tools and information literacy processes.
- Reinforcing strategy-based reading instruction to help students make meaning from text; supports students’ interaction with a variety of genre as reflected in state reading and writing curriculum.
- Promoting student and staff reading for information and pleasure; maintains a library culture that encourages appreciation of literature; supports school reading incentive programs.
- Developing and maintaining a diversified library collection of print, non-print, and electronic resources to support curricular needs, the development of student literacy, and the interests of students.
- Training and partnering with library support staff to implement the library program; oversees management of equipment, materials, and facilities; manages the annual budget needs; accesses state procedures and tools for circulation, cataloging, and processing.
- Serving as a curriculum leader on school teams and works on special projects as assigned.
- Participating in continuing education programs for professional growth including in- service courses and meetings as required.
- Serving as a member of the library team of the school; performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position as assigned.
- Coordinating the work of library support staff.
- Interacting daily with students, parents, teachers, administrators, and other staff.
- Moving, lifting, and storing of materials and equipment in required.
- Partnering with other staff to design and implement effective instruction; classroom management skills.
- Using automated library systems for collection, maintenance, purchasing, cataloging, and inventory.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, parents, other school employees.
- Maintaining accurate records and reports.
- Communicating effectively with others.
SC Public Charter School District
Felton Laboratory Charter School https://myflcs.org/
The mission of Felton Laboratory Charter School (FLCS) is to provide a rigorous, creative and diverse learning environment through Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM).
The goal of Felton Laboratory Charter School, a proud and diverse community, is to ensure a high quality education for all students by providing challenging learning opportunities through STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics).