The Ideal Band/Music and Movement Teacher Will Possess:
- Teaching certification in Band or Music Education, preferably in South Carolina.
- Experience teaching Band/Music Education in an elementary/middle school.
- Knowledge of South Carolina Band and Music standards and how to apply them in an elementary/middle school environment.
- Ability to play and be able to teach students to play multiple instruments, including but not limited to brass, woodwinds, and percussion.
- A positive attitude with the ability to motivate students to get and stay engaged in their learning.
- A love of children and a passion for music.
- Ability to plan and implement an engaging and interactive Band/Music Education program to include cross-curricular and multi-cultural elements that focus on the elements of band and music as well as movement and drama.
- Experience with a wide range of music and the skillset to present age appropriate skill-based lessons.
- Knowledge of local, state, and national opportunities for students to present their music.
- Comfort with technology and the ability to appropriately use technology to support engaging lessons.
- Upstanding character and the ability to model and uphold high social, emotional, and academic expectations.
- Create long-range plans based on a review of state curriculum standards in both Band and Music Education, student interests and Montessori curriculum guidelines.
- Sequence content and activities appropriately.
- Manage, organize, and distribute materials and equipment effectively and efficiently.
- The ability to work productively as an independent as well as collaboratively.
- A desire to learn the Montessori methodology and approach to education.
Georgetown County School District
Coastal Montessori Charter School
Please send your information to Dr. Chip Hennecy at Chennecy@coastalmontessoricharter.org.