Job Title: Teacher
Qualifications: Valid SC teaching certificate in appropriate area
Job Goal: To create a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; establish effective rapport with students; motivate students to develop skills, behaviors, and knowledge needed to provide a foundation for future education in accordance with each student’s ability; to establish good working relationships with parents and other staff members.
Reports to: Principal
Performance Responsibilities: (includes but not limited to):
- Teaches district approved curriculum
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and translates them into developmentally appropriate learning experiences
- Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to needs of each student
- Communicates with parents and guardians outside of normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, calls, conferences, etc.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere
- Keep appropriate records and prepares progress reports and enters grade in district software programs
- Makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans
- Plans and coordinates the work of Instructional Assistants (if applicable)
- Creates an environment for learning through student displays and exhibits of work
- Supervises classroom and students and volunteers
- Meet standards set forth by State Department of Education Evaluation Process
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Physical Requirements: Requires light work that involves walking, bending, or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis or routine keyboard operations.
Terms of Employment: 190 days based Teacher Salary Schedule
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with Board Policy and the State Department of Education Evaluation Process
Lexington Four Early Childhood Center