TITLE: TEACHER – MACHINE TOOL
STATUS/FLSA: Full-time / Exempt
PAY SCHEDULE/GROUP: Verified work experience and education are considered
in the salary schedule
DIRECT REPORTS: Full-time: (0); Part-time: (0).
SUPERVISOR: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 200 Days. Salary determined by schedule set by the Board.
EVALUATION: Evaluated annually by the Executive Director.
Under general supervision instructs students in machine tool technology and advanced manufacturing skills such as using a variety of machines to perform any combination of punching, beading, cutting, drilling, etc.
Associates and/or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Technical degree in machine technology or related area of discipline and three to five years machine operator experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Valid teacher certification preferred and valid South Carolina driver’s license.
REQUIRED: Certified in Field/or Eligible for Certification
Essential job duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties assigned.
· Teaches concepts and skills in machine technology including areas such as fabricating items, operating various types of machinery, etc.
· Strives to implement by instruction and action the institute's philosophy of education
and Instructional goals and objectives.
· Employs a variety of Instructional techniques and instructional media and conducts subject area research to support and enhance course content.
· Develops students' practical problem-solving skills related to the materials and processes of the industry.
· Instructs students in the rudiments of getting and retaining a job; keeps Informed of current entry job requirements.
· Prepares lesson plans for daily classroom activities; organizes classroom and laboratory area for dally instruction.
· Provides limited lectures, demonstrates and uses audiovisual teaching aids to present subject matter to class; demonstrates industrial materials, equipment, tools and processes, using standard or teacher prepared models, mock-ups, sketches, etc.
· Selects and requests instructional aids, equipment, and supplies; maintains inventory of supplies and materials needed for classroom activities; provides for safe storage and proper use of materials, equipment and tools.
· Prepares, administers, and corrects tests and assignments and/or other assessments.
· Maintains order in classroom; supervises student activities such as operating a drill press.
· Maintains attendance and grade records as required by school board.
· Counsels students in adjustment and academic problems; provides feedback to students
· Meets with parents and school counselors as needed to discuss student performance, activities, etc.; issues reports to inform parents of students' progress.
· Serves as Skills USA Advisor or other related student organization advisor.
· Instructs students in the proper use, care, operation, and safe handling
of hand tools, lathe, drill press, grinder, sander, etc.
· Evaluates progress and competency of students in concepts and skills of subject taught and contribution to group projects.
· Prepares various records and forms such as lesson plans, daily and weekly activity plans, tests, work orders, material requisitions, accident reports, competency forms, discipline reports, etc.
Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
· Interacts with students, parents, coworkers, administrators, general public, etc.
Performs other related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of the policies, procedures and activities of the school district which pertain to the specific duties and responsibilities of the position.
Knowledge in the methods for developing lesson plans and materials, and classroom activities which stimulate learning.
Knowledge of the records, forms and reports which must be prepared and maintained.
Knowledge of proper maintenance of equipment, materials and supplies used in daily activities.
Knowledge of training methods used in teaching concepts and skills of machine technology to classroom students.
Knowledge of counseling methods necessary for handling student academic and adjustment problems.
Knowledge of the materials and information which must be prepared for classroom instructional activities.
Knowledge of machinery operating techniques.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USAGE
Operates copier, audiovisual equipment, hand tools, lathe, drill press, grinder, sander, etc.; utilizes protective clothing and safety equipment
Anderson Institute of Technology