DILLON SCHOOL DISTRICT FOUR
TITLE: BEHAVIOR INTERVENTIONIST
- Bachelor’s Degree in special education or a related field required.
- Current teaching certificate or school psychologist certification required.
- BCBA preferred.
- Knowledge of Section 504, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), and Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Experience in counseling and/or social work preferred.
- REPORTS TO: Director of Programs for Exceptional Children
- SUPERVISES: If applicable, as designated by Board, Superintendent, or School Administrator
- FUNCTION: Works collaboratively with students, parents, teachers, and district administration to create a comprehensive social emotional support system by modeling teaching methods and techniques in a variety of settings, facilitating the development of healthy coping skills and adaptive patterns of interacting with others, and educating on appropriate responses to environment impetuses. Additionally, the employee will coordinate community resources for students by collaborating with outside agencies when appropriate.
- PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consults with parents, teachers, and administrators regarding issues relating to student performance.
- Conducts classroom observations; provides written documentation of classroom and student observations to teachers and administrators.
- Attends and provides input for all special education meetings that involve the development and/or amendment of a Behavior Intervention Plan.
- Ensures appropriate implementation of all behavioral intervention plans by monitoring and evaluating student progress on a regular basis.
- Models and provides training to teachers and paraprofessional in effective classroom management and strategies to improve behavior; serves as a coach to improve teacher performance and student achievement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190 days; compensation in accordance with teacher salary pay scale.
- DISCLAIMER STATEMENT
- This job description is not intended as a complete listing of job duties. The incumbent is responsible for the performance of other related duties as assigned/required.
- LAST UPDATE: 03/20/2019