Our Human Resources Team at the Greenville County School District is dedicated to advancing student achievement by recruiting and employing the highest qualified staff for our schools and to serve those with whom we work.
The purpose of our Teacher positions at Greenville County Schools is to carry out the policies of the school board as they relate to the function of the school, to the classroom, and to the immediate contact with students and parents.
Greenville County School District is looking for the following qualifications:
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university;
• Completion of an CAEP approved training program or eligible for South Carolina certification through State Department of Education's approved alternative certification routes;
• Hold a valid South Carolina certification (or is eligible to obtain a South Carolina certificate) in the subject area employed to teach
• Possess knowledge of grade level curriculum, subject content knowledge and developmental needs of students to provide relevant learning experiences
• Plan instructionally to include appropriate curricula, instructional strategies and resources to address the needs of all students
• Promote student learning by addressing individual learning differences and using effective instructional strategies
• Systematically gather, analyze and use data to measure student progress, guide instruction and provide timely feedback
• Provide a well-managed, safe, student-centered environment that is academically challenging and respectful
• Communicate effectively with students, school personnel, families and the community
• Maintain a professional demeanor, participate in professional growth opportunities and positively contribute to the profession
• Provide work (learning experiences, student activities and formative/summative assessment) which results in acceptable, measurable, progress based results on established standards.
Terms of Employment:
9 ½ months with salary determined by current South Carolina teaching certificate as it relates to the teacher's salary schedule as approved by the Board of Trustees of the School District of Greenville County.
Teachers will be expected to furnish such after-school time as is needed for assisting students, conferring with parents, and doing other necessary out-of-school work. Reports to the building level Principal.
Greenville County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, color, disability, religion, or national origin in its dealings with employees, students, the general public, applicants for employment, educational programs, activities, or access to its facilities.
Alexander Elementary and Lakeview Middle School
The GCS Elevate Incentive model is a four-year pilot program to attract and retain high-quality teachers and personnel for the District’s lowest-performing schools with the largest opportunity for growth. In this model, all certified staff and instructional aides will be provided a higher base pay than a comparably experienced and qualified teacher or instructional aide in another school in order to attract and retain more experienced personnel. The pilot program will also provide financial incentives to all staff in the Elevate schools with the goal of building a unified community and a shared drive for improving student performance from all employees.