SALARY: As determined by DD2 Teacher Salary Schedule
DEPARTMENT: Special Services
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: 190 days
- Valid South Carolina Teaching Certificate in the area of Special Education.
- Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Principal
JOB SUMMARY: To provide students with special needs individualized instruction in all academic and functional areas as identified on each child’s Individualized Education Plan.
- Determines specific learning problems, skill deficiencies or social adjustment of students and initiates remediation programs in these areas.
- Provides students with supplemental support in all core/regular education classes.
- Assess student’s academic /functional needs and monitors learning towards mastery of each child’s IEP goals.
- Prepares progress reports and year-end evaluations, administers curriculum based pre-tests and post-tests as deemed appropriate by DD2.
- Provides research based teaching methods/strategies that meet the needs of each child’s IEP goals.
- Educates and counsels students about their academic/functional strengths and areas of deficits.
- Establishes and maintains standards of individual student behavior.
- Collaborates with general education teachers to support student needs to promote satisfactory classwork, homework, and affective behaviors.
- Educates and communicates with parents to promote understanding of their child’s disability, and usage of specific instructional programs to meet the learning needs of their child.
- Participates in development in development and implementation of Individualized Education Plans.
- Maintains attendance of special education service minutes, benchmarks data, progress monitoring data, and curriculum management systems.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Principal.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the Dorchester District Two Board’s policy on Evaluation and Professional Personnel.
Alston Bailey Elementary School