Job Title: Instructional Technology Coach
Must be SC certified or eligible for SC certification.
Minimum of 5 years of successful experience integrating technology in the classroom is desirable.
Job Summary Responsible for supporting the professional growth and development of all teachers to facilitate learning and independent application of effective instructional technology practices; provides support through planning, modeling, co-teaching, training, and data analysis across all content areas; plans and conducts professional development based on assessed teacher needs; serves as the G.R.I.T. Mentor for Chester Park COLT; hosts monthly G.R.I.T. meetings (professional development) on assigned days given by the building administrators.
- Assists teachers in using technology effectively for assessing student learning, differentiating instruction, and providing rigorous, relevant and engaging learning experiences for all students.
- Collaborates with instructional staff in regards to effective use of technology tools and resources to systematically collect and analyze pertinent data, interpret results and communicate findings to improve instructional practice and maximize student learning.
- Coaches teachers in and models the use of online and blended learning, digital content and collaborative learning networks to support and extend student learning as well as expand opportunities for online professional development for teachers and administrators.
- Introduces teachers to new technology integration methods, materials and instructional strategies that have proven to increase student achievement.
- Participates in the school improvement process through goal setting and implementation as well as data analysis for instructional improvement.
- Works collaboratively and communicates effectively with the district’s director of technology to evaluate, select and implement technology enhanced learning experiences addressing content standards and student technology standards.
- Identifies technology integration competencies among instructional staff, in collaboration with school administrators, and delivers appropriate coaching, training, and resources to support the professional growth of individuals.
- Model and promote digital citizenship by facilitating safe, healthy, legal and ethical use of digital information and technologies.
- Engages in continual learning to deepen content and pedagogical knowledge in technology integration and current and emerging technologies necessary to implement the ISTE Standards.
- Coordinates with school and technical support staff for timely reporting of equipment needing repair or other support issues, as well as ensuring the smooth and successful deployment of new technologies to include troubleshooting basic software, hardware and connectivity problems common to digital learning environments.