Must be SC certified or eligible for SC certification.
Chester County Schools
The job of Teacher was established for the purpose/s of facilitating student success in academic and interpersonal skills through academic courses of study and by implementing district approved curriculum, documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific needs of students; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
This job reports to Principal
Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher's expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student progress, expectations, goals, etc. for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with other teachers for the purpose of implementing curriculum.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Directs instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an
effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academic, interpersonal and daily living skills through a defined course of study.
- Monitors student activities (e.g. classroom, lunch, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of providing for the safety and welfare of students.
- Participates in various meetings for the purpose of receiving and/or providing information.
- Prepares teaching materials and related reports (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and documenting student progress.
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to Education Code, administrative and/or school policies.