FLORENCE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT FIVE
1. A bachelor's degree with an emphasis in education or a particular subject area
2. A valid state certificate to practice as a teacher
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2. Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the student.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned and provides written evidence of preparation
5. Employs a variety of instructional techniques.
6. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals/objectives.
7. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
8. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
9. Maintains accurate, complete records.
10. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
11. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence through attendance at staff development programs.
12. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees.
13. Performs extra duties that may be assigned from time to time such as recess duty, bus duty, and lunch duty.
14. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Nine-month year. Salary and work schedule to be established by the Board.
Performance of this job is evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board policy.
Johnsonville Middle School