· Collaborates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods to develop a program of continuous progress consistent with East Link Academy goals and objectives to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of students
· Uses best practices in reading and writing to create learning experiences that best utilize the available time for instruction in the SC Career Ready Standards for English
· Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
· Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom
· Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports as required
· Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program
· Attends staff meetings, serves on staff committees as requested, and accepts a share of responsibility for co-curricular or other activities as assigned by the Head of School
· Perform other duties as assigned by administration or as customary for teachers
Education and Experience
Education and experience as required by state certification authorities. Middle Level English certification required.
This job description is not intended as an employment agreement or contract. Job duties may be altered at the discretion of the Head of School at any time without notice. A more detailed job description will be made available upon hiring.
Established in 2018, East Link Academy is a top-rated K-8 Mandarin language immersion charter school located in Greenville, SC.
The Mission of East Link Academy is to prepare students to be language and cultural links between the West and East in order to meet the global challenges of their lifetime, by providing a rigorous education in math, science, social studies and language arts in a bilingual English-Mandarin environment.
Position begins January 3, 2024