To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develop schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in departments, school, district, and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare the classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments. Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students with diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Ability Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field teaching.
- South Carolina State of Education certification in teaching in appropriate subject area.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district, and state.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices, and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Legion Collegiate Academy- charter school located in Rock Hill, SC