· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Masters preferred.
· Valid South Carolina certification in the subject area
· At least minimum score on all state-required exams including PRAXIS.
· Passion for helping children succeed in reaching their fullest potential.
· Demonstrate mastery of all state academic standards and competencies
· Demonstrate mastery of all twelve of the teacher practices benchmarks for the 21st century at the professional and eventually the accomplished level
· Foster students’ achievement gains from baseline assessment levels to be evident in pre/posttests comparison results, standardized test scores, and portfolios.
· Maintain student portfolios.
· Demonstrate consistent attendance.
· Demonstrate efficiency and oral and written proficiency.
· Pursue further education and supplemental credentials.
· Maintain and promote a safe learning environment and administer student surveys twice yearly.
· Promote critical thinking skills and character education.
· Promote and enforce Code of Conduct
· Continually assess students' development (psychological and academic) through clearly defined rubrics
· Establish, maintain, assess, and (if needed) modify individual student progression plans.
· Identify those students who exhibit exceptional thinking styles and behaviors and implement and/or accommodate those exceptional needs.
· Attend parent/teacher meetings and conferences.
· Demonstrate punctuality.
· Initiate opportunities for professional development
· Initiate and present innovative ideas for special projects, school functions, field trips, extracurricular activities, and clubs
· Document parent phone calls, conversations, and conferences
· Work as partners to create behavior modification plans.
· Follows adopted policies and procedures in accordance with Board priorities.
· Conducts him/herself in the best interest of students and the school, in accordance with the
· highest standards pursuant to the school’s mission and governing principles and in support of the MVP’s Mission Statement.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Mountain View Preparatory