Lower Elementary (Grades 1-3) Classroom Teacher
The Montessori School of Camden, a year-round, award-winning, accredited, Montessori, public, charter
school, is seeking a passionate licensed elementary teacher to co-teach a multiage classroom (Grades 1-3) of approximately 24 students. The Lower Elementary teacher is responsible for all instructional and operational aspects of the classroom. As a co-teacher, this work will be shared with another teacher who currently holds Montessori Credentials. The position necessitates a candidate who is mission oriented, highly collaborative, and demonstrates organizational and curriculum planning skills. Montessori certification is not required at time of hire; however, MSC expects that all lead teachers pursue Montessori credentials for the level that they teach. To facilitate this, we offer a fellowship program for those needing Montessori credentials.
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force in the lives and educational future of children in the greater Kershaw County area at our award-winning school.
● Creates and maintains the prepared environment to nurture each child’s growth and development.
● Creates and executes interdisciplinary lesson plans that support all students on their individual paths
through the curriculum.
● Develops materials as necessary to enrich the curriculum and meet educational objectives.
● Supports student adherence to the MSC Code of Conduct through modeling and intentional teaching of expected behaviors and routines
● Maintains and keeps current appropriate student records.
● Communicates with parents to ensure the greatest benefit from the Montessori experience.
● Contributes to the spirit of teamwork in and overall success of the school by showing participatory
energy, enthusiasm, and allegiance to MSC.
● Seeks and pursues opportunities for professional growth and development.
● Supports other staff members.
● Participates in the MSC identified feedback, coaching and evaluation processes with a growth mindset.
● Supervision of lunch & recess as necessary.
● Other duties as assigned by the Head of School that relate directly to the successful execution of a
Montessori Elementary program.
Qualifications. The fully qualified candidate:
● Holds a Bachelor’s degree.
● Is licensed to teach in the state of South Carolina.
● Willingness to complete a Montessori certification course at the appropriate level offered by a
MACTE-accredited teacher education program.
● Has demonstrated the leadership and management skills necessary to manage all aspects of the
Salary & Benefits Per the MSC Policy & Procedure Manual
Supervision & Feedback: Head of School
The Montessori School at Camden - charter school in Camden