Job Title: Spanish Teacher
Department: Middle School
Reports to: Principal
Status: Full Time / Exempt
Pay Range: Based on Teacher Salary Schedule
Date: March 7, 2023
Location Reports: Port Royal, Beaufort, SC
As a middle school Spanish teacher this position will provide a rigorous learning environment for their students, helping them develop as individuals as well as master the subjects they need to succeed. This position will be responsible for developing lesson plans for grades 6-8 and then implementing those plans in the classroom. Middle school teachers reach can extend outside the classroom by assisting with coaching sports, school clubs and other extracurricular activities. Middle school teachers must develop their student’s unique talents and foster in them a passion for learning and growing. Emphasis in classroom on the Paideia Methodology and STEM focus. Collaborate with instructional teams and administrators to increase student learning and positive, nurturing environment.
- Manage the classroom and implement school procedures; work with school leaders and administrators to initiate policies.
- Plan lessons and assign homework; grade students work and evaluate their ability to communicate with others and work in groups.
- Administer and grade test while staying current with state and local standards for subjects from first to fifth grade.
- Follow selected curriculum / development materials as selected by administrators and comply with local and state guidelines.
- Prepare students for standardized tests, working within the parameters of state and local requirements, and provide diagnostic feedback.
- Meet one on one with students to improve performance and address behavioral issues.
- Hold conferences with parents and guardians as needed.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Create a positive educational climate for students to learn in while meeting course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions and professional development.
- Maintain a gradebook and meet deadlines as directed by the PowerSchool Director and Administration.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
- Create projects designed to enhance teaching subject material and Paideia.
- Stay abreast on current topics in education.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans while utilizing various curriculum resources to include available public library resources
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by applying approved disciplinary procedures.
- This position may have direct supervisory responsibility of volunteers or other Bridges staff.
- Oversight of school volunteers or student volunteers in the classroom setting may be required.
The environment for this position is in a classroom setting that is clean and comfortable. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. The employee is in a non-confined classroom type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. In addition, the employee will travel via personal vehicle or public transportation to school sites, workplace events, meetings, etc.
Equipment and Software Operation:
The incumbent in this position may operate any/all of the following equipment:
- Telephone, cell phone and fax machine
- Computer, printer and related equipment
- Copy machine, calculator
- Audio-visual equipment
- Microsoft Office, Excel Office, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Google / Docs or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in a specific area of education.
- Hold and maintain state certification in the content area.
- AP certified is highly desirable for high school but not required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Gifted and Talented endorsement preferred.
- Three to Five years teaching experience is preferred but not required.
- Organized, capable and able to multitask.
- Highly confidential with student related material.
- Ability to deal with people effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents and school personnel.
- A keen understanding of stakeholder relationship management, customer service, and teamwork.
- Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in groups using good judgment and discretion.
- Superior interpersonal skills required.
- Background screenings and SLED check required.
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license, proof of auto insurance coverage if requested, daily access to a personal vehicle.
- Occasionally the ability to work hours outside of a normal school workday.
- Familiarity with public education charter schools is helpful but not required.
- Professional demeanor and appearance are a must.
- Student and employee information is confidential and you are required to maintain that confidentiality at all times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Bridges Preparatory School is an Equal Opportunity.
Bridges Preparatory School https://www.bridgesprep.org/
To provide students equal access to a high quality K-12 whole child education that maximizes academic excellence and strength of character in a student-centered learning environment created by a faculty of lifelong learners.
To assist each child in developing his or her unique gift intellectually, physically, socially, and ethically through whole-child instruction in order to prepare students for college or career and ensure their ability to be productive citizens, serving community and readily competing in the ever-changing global society.