|Under the supervision of the Director of Federal Programs, provides social casework and counseling services to students and families. Performs related work as required. Reports to the Director of Federal Programs.
|Education and Experience:
- Education and experience as required by state certification authorities.
- Master’s in Social Work from an accredited institution with two years of Social Work experience; or any equivalent training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Require license by S C Board of Social Work Examiners
- Knowledge of legal and ethical practices and guidelines in Social Work, community information and referral service.
- Knowledge of methods necessary for handling student adjustment problems.
- Working knowledge of the practices, procedures and activities of Social Services.
- Knowledge of school policies and procedures, standard office practices, procedures and equipment, community linkages and referrals for student supportive services.
- Knowledge of the records, forms and reports which must be prepared and maintained.
- Knows how to keep abreast of change in policy, standards, procedures, and regulations related to job functions.
- Thorough knowledge of Business English, spelling, grammar, punctuation, possession of an excellent vocabulary and mathematical computation.
- Ability to counsel and advice students individually and in groups; works with underserved and at-risk students.
- Possesses the ability to communicate effectively – both orally and in writing; established cooperative working relationships in the course of performing assigned duties.
- Ability to develop and deliver lesson plans for presentations in the classroom and workshop setting.
- Ability to assist in the implementation of a comprehensive Social Services Plan.
- Ability to comprehend, interprets, and applies state and federal regulations.
- Advanced human relations, communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with students and their parents, district staff, and all other groups involved in the activities of the job.
- Ability to complete, process, and maintain all required records, reports, and confidential student information.
- Ability to operate general office equipment in the performance of daily activities.
- Ability to create electronic reports and presentations, use the internet efficiently, communicate electronically via e-mail, and manage electronic data and files in an organized manner.
|School environment with little significant exposure to environmental conditions. Requires ability to work under a degree of stress related to duties that require constant attention and working with students. Physical demands are restricted to school activities that require the movement or lifting of items weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasional local travel required; occasional overnight travel required.
|This job description is not intended as a complete listing of job duties. The incumbent is responsible for the performance of other related duties as assigned/required. The administration has the exclusion right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Hampton County School District
Hampton County School District
372 Pine Street East
Varnville, SC 29944