Start Date: July 1, 2019
Responsible To: Superintendent
Salary: District Administrative Salary Schedule, 12 months
• To lead the school, its personnel, programs, and activities in a direction to yield the
highest standards of achievement and instructional excellence for all students.
Magnet School Pillars:
• Innovation Curriculum and Professional Development
• Academic Excellence
• High Quality Instructional Systems
• Family and Community Partnerships
• Work with staff to ensure instructional practices provide various opportunities for diversity
among the magnet school student population.
• Design, plan, and implement educational opportunities that are connected to an innovative
curriculum and professional development for teachers and staff that are related to the Creative
Arts and Science curriculum.
• Promote instructional best practices across all curriculums that promote academic excellence.
• Develop and support programs to enhance learning and exploration in a high quality
• Work with families and communities to build partnerships that provide or expand curriculum
programs which support student success.
• Vision- fosters the success of all students by facilitating the development, communication,
implementation, and evaluation of a shared vision of learning that reflects excellence and equity.
• Instructional Leadership- fosters the success of all students by leading the development and
alignment of the organizational, instructional, and assessment strategies that enhance teaching and
• Effective Management- fosters the success of all students by managing the school organization,
its operations, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
• Climate- fosters the success of all students by advocating, nurturing and sustaining a
positive school climate.
• School/Community Relations- fosters the success of all students by collaborating effectively
with Stakeholders, identifying and engaging business, community and higher education in
with the school.
• Ethical Behavior- fosters the success of all students by demonstrating integrity, fairness,
and ethical behavior.
• Interpersonal Skills- fosters the success of all students by interacting effectively with
stakeholders and addressing their needs and concerns.
• Staff Development- fosters the success of all students by collaborating with school and
district staff to plan and implement professional development activities that promote the
achievement of school and district goals.
• Principal’s Professional Development- fosters the success of all students by using available
resources and opportunities for professional growth.
• Student Growth- responsible for the success and achievement of all students by being
accountable for student outcomes within federal, state, and local assessments and other evidence
used to determine the academic growth or status of all students.
• Abides by all federal, state and local laws related to students and their well-being.
• Master’s Degree in Educational Administration or a related field is required.
• South Carolina certification in Secondary Administration, or the ability to obtain such
• Three to five years of successful teaching and administrative experience at the Secondary
Leadership Qualities Required:
• Ability to organize programs, personnel, and activities required for productive learning.
• Ability to manage financial, material and human resources effectively.
• Ability to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate program goals and initiatives.
• Ability to exercise strict confidence in handling sensitive information.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This job description is intended to serve as a summary of the primary responsibilities and
qualifications for this position. It is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual may
be asked to perform while in this position or of all qualifications that may be required now or in
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
erform the essential functions.