Posting: Director of Lifelong Learning Center
Start Date: July 2019
Responsible To: Superintendent
Salary: District Administration Salary Schedule, Level II Director, 12 months
• To implement and maintain alternative and adult education programs and services in conformance
with district and state objectives.
• Coordinates operations among alternative school, adult education and/or programs for the
purpose of improving student academic success and ensuring district objectives are achieved and
resources are effectively utilized.
• Manages and evaluates a wide variety of program components for the purpose of delivering
services which conform to established guidelines and regulations.
• Monitors fund balances of assigned programs and related financial activity for the purpose of
ensuring that allocations are accurate, related revenues are generated, expenses are within budget
limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
• Monitors projects, grants and programs for the purpose of ensuring that services comply with
district, state and federal requirements.
• Develops proposals, program improvements and grant opportunities for the purpose of meeting
• Develops long and short-range plans/programs and annual budget for the purpose of ensuring
that the district’s resources are effectively utilized.
• Performs personnel functions for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing
productivity of personnel and achieving objectives within budget.
• Researches a variety of information (current practices, instructional materials, methods,
curriculum guidelines, etc.) for the purpose of developing new programs and/or master plans.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and
effective work environment.
• Abides by all federal, state and local laws related to students and their well-being.
• Master’s Degree in Educational Administration or a related field is required.
• South Carolina certification in Secondary Administration, or the ability to obtain such
• Three to five years of successful teaching and administrative experience at the Secondary
Leadership Qualities Required:
• Ability to organize programs, personnel, and activities required for productive learning.
• Ability to manage financial, material and human resources effectively.
• Ability to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate program goals andinitiatives.
• Ability to exercise strict confidence in handling sensitive information.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This job description is intended to serve as a summary of the primary responsibilities and
qualifications for this position. It is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual may
be asked to perform while in this position or of all qualifications that may be required now or in
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
erform the essential functions.