High Point Academy is looking for a qualified Middle School Math Teacher for the current school year. This candidate must demonstrate the competencies and behaviors needed to improve student preparedness and mastery and to support the values, vision, and mission of the school and the South Carolina Public Charter School District. Candidates should send interest letter, resume, and employment application to Superintendent Christy Junkins.
- Demonstrates mastery of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials for the course(s) taught
- Creates lesson plans, aligned with current state and district standards, which drives instruction through formative assessment and differentiation
- Maintains a safe, organized classroom, which supports students’ independent learning, collaboration and choice
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques
- Provides a variety of assessments and uses assessments for planning and instruction
- Provide consistent, immediate feedback to student learning and asks analytical questions that elicit students’ responses that incorporate prior knowledge, life experience, and interests that are directly related to the content objective
- Monitor and maintain a positive classroom environment that supports the school-wide behavior expectation in which most students are engaged, incorporates mutual respect and provides cooperative learning opportunities
- Uses available technology/instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences
- Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members by communicating in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner
- Appropriately communicates and interacts with other professional staff in academic planning and school committee work
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and extra-curricular/school related activities and committees
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous professional growth and works with the administrator to formulate and complete professional development plans
- Maintains a professional appearance, and demonstrates behavior that is conscientious and responsible
- Engages parents and guardians in the education of their children
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the site administrator
Applicants must be appropriately certified AND highly qualified. To be appropriately certified and highly qualified, successful candidates must hold a current teaching certificate or equivalent license. Candidate must pass a fingerprint and background clearance check and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance card at all times when in the classroom.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications and equipment
South Carolina Public Charter School District
High Point Academy Charter School in Spartanburg, SC
We are a community-centered school built on the principles of honor, integrity, and service where academic excellence, STEAM education, and a project-based, applied learning instruction builds tomorrow’s leaders.