• Has a bachelor’s degree or higher in Early Childhood or Elementary Education;
• Has the Literacy Coach Add-On Certification or the ability to obtain such certification;
• At least three years of successful teaching experience;
• Has demonstrated the ability to increase student achievement in reading;
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
• Experience with coaching and/or mentoring preferred.
Selected candidates must have the ability to:
• Model effective instructional strategies for teachers by working weekly with students in
whole/small groups or individually.
• Train teachers in data analysis and the use of data to differentiate instruction.
• Coach and mentor colleagues, providing daily support to classroom teachers.
• Administrator assessments analyze data and plan instruction from assessment data.
• Abide by all federal, state and local laws related to students and their well-being.