• Plans and provides daily instruction based on the Approved Gifted and Talented Curriculum
that meets the individual needs, interests, abilities, and developmental levels of gifted
• Plans daily instruction that uses instructional strategies to accommodate individual
differences in maturity and rates, styles, and modalities of learning.
• Provides content for learners that is appropriate for the unit objectives, for students'
ability and developmental levels, and maintains a pace appropriate for all students.
• Provides content for learners using multiple sources and formats, explanations, examples,
and demonstrations and provides emphasis on key elements.
• Monitors and enhances learning using best practice for gifted learners such as observation
of student performance, differentiation, informal assessment, appropriate adjustment of
instructional strategies, effective instructional feedback, and appropriate and sufficient
reviews and summaries of content and skills.
• Maintains and reinforces appropriate expectations for the gifted learners’ performance and
responsibility and student expectations for completing assignments.
• Communicates with parents/legal guardians regarding the academic performance of the students.
• Displays confidence and enthusiasm and promotes student to student interactions and students
to teacher interactions
• Establishes and communicates to students and parents clear and appropriate rules and
consequences for student behavior and enforces rules in a fair and consistent manner.
• Establishes effective routines for non-instructional tasks, plans for smooth transitions
between instructional events, and manages instructional materials, resources, and technologies.
• Maintains a physical environment that promotes learning and is safe and attractive.
• Maintains confidentiality of student records.
• Works cooperatively with the district.
• Attends staff meetings and serves on committees as required.
• Performs requirements as established by state and federal laws and requirements established by
the Board of Trustees.
• Fulfills professional responsibilities beyond the classroom.
• Participates in professional development programs.
• Performs other duties as directed.
• Valid South Carolina teaching certificate
• Gifted and Talented Endorsement
• Documented successful teaching experience
• Proficiency in the use of technology preferred
• Ability to instruct
• Ability to relate effectively with students, school personnel and parents, as necessary
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to communicate effectively and accurately in both oral and written form