- Valid South Carolina Teaching Certificate, fluency in Spanish with a strong GPA in relevant coursework
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of effective and innovative instructional and student evaluation techniques
- Experience working with middle school students preferred
- Knowledge of instructional technology and the ability to integrate it into the secondary curriculum
- Willingness to work with other teachers to promote interdisciplinary studies
- Skill in interpersonal relations with pupils, parents, teachers, staff and the general public
- Outstanding references from current and former supervisors
- Satisfactory SLED (SC Law Enforcement Division) report
- Teach Spanish to Middle School students.
- Demonstrate flexibility in duties
- Demonstrate accountability to charter and personalized goals (mid-year and annual evaluations)
- Adhere to the decisions made in a Professional Learning Community format
- Work as a continuous differentiated instruction facilitator
- Facilitate a high level of parent involvement within the classroom
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to students being actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences
- Identify, select and modify instructional resources to teach students with varying backgrounds and learning styles.
- Provide a positive learning environment in which students are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Collaborate with peers to enhance instruction.
- Model professional and ethical standards when working with peers and members of the community.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with parents, fellow staff members and community volunteers.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing with parents on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates gains in student performance
- Attend and participate in all staff development trainings
- Establish a learning community within the classroom where all students are recognized for their strengths and student behavior expectations are clear.
- Monitor and assess student progress and adjust student instruction accordingly
- Keep accurate records and complete all paperwork in a timely fashion
- Participate in committees as related to student needs and school programs.
- Provide supervision in non-classroom areas and situation in accordance with the school wide student behavior plan
- Promote and maintain a safe and healthful environment in the classroom and building
- Care for school resources, equipment and materials assigned to him/her and report concerns regarding facility and equipment to Managing Director.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to all procedures and practices outlined in the Employee, Student and Parent Handbooks
- Maintain a current folder of responsibilities and procedures for substitute teacher’s use.
- Participate in the development and implementation of building level goals.
- Attend and participate in all grade-level and staff meetings
- Be knowledgeable and adhere to federal and state laws that apply to his/her job assignment
- Participate in the development of school goals and plans
York Preparatory Academy - A Charter school in York
York Preparatory Academy is a free public charter school founded in 2010. Located on our 43-acre campus in Rock Hill, South Carolina, York Prep provides education to students in Kindergarten through 12th grade who live in South Carolina regardless of the assigned school district. We strongly believe in the potential of all students and believe that through a strong partnership with the community and families, we can help each child grow and succeed.
York Preparatory Academy is authorized by the South Carolina Public Charter School District and must meet state education standards. According to SC Law: "A charter school is defined as a public, nonreligious, non home based, nonprofit corporation forming a school that operates within a public school district or the SC Public Charter School District, but is accountable to the school board of trustees of that district which grants its charter.
York Preparatory Academy is committed to the recruitment and ongoing development of an excellent certified teaching staff who build and utilize effective lines of communication home. Working together we can help all students succeed