Darlington County School District is seeking candidates for the following teaching position: High School Science. Must possess Bachelor’s degree in the subject area and/or in Education, and possess a valid SC teaching license in the subject area. Qualified candidates must apply online at www.darlington.k12.sc.us. Contact Human Resources, 843-398-2303 with questions.
- Cooperates in developing a program of continuous progress consistent with district goals and objectives to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of pupils.
- Keeps abreast of changes and district policies and students' needs and interests.
- Establishes clear and appropriate objectives for all classroom activities and communicates these objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Analyzes progress of individual students on a regular basis and seeks appropriate assistance as needed.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of pupils.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteers and evaluates their performance.
- Provides adequate plans for substitute teachers and evaluates their performance.
- Seeks the cooperation and assistance of parents through oral or written communication and/or home visits.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students and to properly care for all property, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and board policies.
- Is punctual and responsible in performing all duties and activities as assigned.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life, conduct, and behavior in a fair and just manner.
- Provides for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Participates in school or district staff development programs as assigned by principal or superintendent.
- Attends staff meetings, serves on staff committees as requested, and accepts a share of responsibility for co-curricular or other activities as assigned by principal or superintendent.
- Does not abuse sick or personal leave and is absent only when it is absolutely necessary.
- Recognizes and follows the appropriate procedures in the "chain of command" as designated by board policies and/or administrative procedures.
- Presents a positive image of the Darlington County School District at all times.
Performs other related duties as required
Hartsville High School