|Under general supervision, provide athletic trainer coverage for high school and middle
school athletic programs. Reports to the Athletic Director
|Education and Experience:
- Required Bachelor’s Degree for an accredited college/university.
- The athletic trainer will practice said profession within the parameters of the South Carolina Athletic Trainers Licensing Law as laid out by the South Carolina Board of Athletic Trainer Examiners and will follow both the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics as set forth by the National Athletic Trainers Association.
- Maintain current certification and continuing education requirements as set forth by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification
- Maintain current state licensure in accordance with the South Carolina Board of Athletic Trainer Examiners
- Maintain current certification in CPR/Emergency Cardiac Care.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s licenses.
- These duties are based on the needs of the school and its athletic programs.
- The athletic trainer’s duties, enumerated in this document, should not be considered all inclusive.
- The Athletic Director, as necessary, shall modify duties. The athletic trainer will be present at home athletic contests and practices and shall attend other post-season and home-hosted contests as directed by the Athletic Director.
- Have demonstrated communication verbally, written, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the policies, procedures and activities of the school District which pertains to the specific duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of the records, forms and reports which must be prepared and maintained.
- Knowledge of proper maintenance of equipment, materials and supplies used in daily activities.
- Ability to provide instruction to students through explanation, demonstration and/or supervised practice.
- Ability to supervise students and maintain order in various activities and situations.
- Ability to operate general office equipment in the performance of daily activities.
- Ability to identify student adjustment, provide counseling and/or recommend appropriate action to parents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and their parents, District staff, and all other groups involved in the activities of the job.
|Conducts duties in athletic events with some exposure to environmental conditions. Requires ability to work under a degree of stress related to duties that require constant attention and working with students. Physical demands are restricted to classroom work requiring the lifting/moving of items weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally local and out of town travel is required. Job requires the operation of standard office equipment.
|This job description is not intended as a complete listing of job duties. The incumbent is responsible for the performance of other related duties as assigned/required. The administration has the exclusion right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Hampton County School District