Bamberg County School District
District Position Description
Position Title: Middle Level Math Teacher
Reports To: Principal
Position Available for the 2022-2023 School Year
Proper Certification from the SCDE required
Job Goal: Lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the location and times designated.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
- Prepare for classes assigned and provide written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individual or student groups involved.
- Strive to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Evaluate student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and board policy.
- Make provisions for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings.
- Cooperate with other members of staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
- Provide for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advanced coursework at institutions of higher learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions: Conducts duties in a classroom environment with some exposure to environmental conditions. Requires ability to work under a degree of stress related to duties that require constant attention and working with students. Physical demands are restricted to classroom work requiring lifting/moving of items weighing up to 25 lbs. Occasional local travel and/or overnight travel may be required. Job requires the operation of standard office equipment.
Term of Employment: The terms of employment detailed in this job description are based on full-time employment during an entire school year.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the board's policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
Bamberg Ehrhardt Middle School