The position is responsible for leadership, supervisory, and administrative oversight to promote the educational development of each student. To assist and support the high school Principal, as assigned.
- Supports the implementation of the school’s mission, vision, goals and strategies.
- Serves as an instructional leader, utilizing data to assist with the development and monitoring of educational goals and initiatives that promote improved academic achievement for all students.
- Confers with teachers and students concerning educational and behavioral initiatives in the school.
- Assists with professional development, appraising the work performance of employees, planning and monitoring of school budgets and other related areas as needed.
- Assists with school activities planning, organizing, and implementation.
- Supervises direct reports and supervising the instructional program and teacher’s personal growth.
- Coach teachers on classroom behavior management techniques.
- Assist in making formal reports on student conduct, school safety and related matters.
- Implement and follow policies and procedures for a positive school culture of learning and achievement.
- Undertake administrative and instructional duties as the Principal or CEO may assign.
- Ensure all local, state and federal guidelines are followed as they relate to education or business of BPS.
- Perform duties with accuracy, discretion, tact and courtesy using good judgement.
- Attend district webinars and training conferences as required.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principals.
- This position has direct reporting responsibilities.
- Oversight of Certified and Non Certified Staff.
- Must hold or be eligible for a South Carolina Principal’s Certificate.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in education preferred.
- Two years’ experience within a K-12 school preferred and at least three years of successful experience as a classroom teacher.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assume a leadership role.
- Demonstrated successful organizational skills to accomplish research projects and make the solid recommendations for action.
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a wide variety of people and to successfully support, encourage and challenge others to be the best that they can be.
- Exhibited leadership in working with professional staff, students, and the community.
- Agreement with the academic goals and philosophy of Bridges Preparatory School and the Charter.
- Commitment to accountability and encouraging parental involvement.
The environment for this position is in an office that is clean and comfortable. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. The employee is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. In addition, the employee will travel via personal vehicle or public transportation to school sites, workplace events, meetings, etc.
In the course of performing this work, the employee:
- Will spend substantial time standing, sitting, speaking and listening.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equipment and Software Operation:
The incumbent in this position may operate any/all of the following equipment:
- Telephone, cell phone and fax machine
- Computer, printer and related equipment
- Microsoft Office, Excel Office, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Google / Docs or similar
- Background screenings and SLED check required.
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license, proof of auto insurance coverage if requested, daily access to a personal vehicle.
- Occasionally the ability to work hours outside of a normal workday.
- Familiarity with public education charter school helpful but not required.
- Professional demeanor and appearance a must.
- Student and employee information is confidential and you are required to maintain that confidentiality at all times.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Bridges Preparatory School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bridges Preparatory Charter School https://www.bridgesprep.org/
Our Mission and Vision
The Bridges Preparatory School mission is to provide students equal access to a high quality K-12 whole child education that maximizes academic excellence and strength of character in a student-centered learning environment created by a faculty of lifelong learners.
OUR MISSION: The Bridges Preparatory School (BPS) mission is to provide students equal access to a high quality K-12 whole child education that maximizes academic excellence and strength of character in a student-centered learning environment created by a faculty of lifelong learners.
OUR VISION: Our vision is to assist each child in developing his or her unique gift intellectually, physically, socially, and ethically through whole-child instruction in order to prepare students for college or career and ensure their ability to be productive citizens, serving community and readily competing in the ever-changing global society.