- South Carolina certification as required for the position or eligible for appropriate certification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong background in technology skills and applications
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals in harmony with the district goals and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect student, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) when assigned and evaluates their job performance; works cooperatively with department heads if applicable.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
Specific Job Requirements
- Possess and utilize excellent team-building skills
- Accept delegated responsibilities willingly
- Able to work under occasional stress
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative in job performance
- Communicate effectively with a diverse community
Terms of Employment:
190 days per school year; salary and work year to be established by the Board
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on
Evaluation of Certified Personnel.
York School District One is an equal opportunity employer
York School District One does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, handicap, sex, age, alienage or national origin as required by applicable state and federal laws.
Floyd D. Johson Technology Center
Mission, Vision, Beliefs, and Commitments
During the 2020-2021 school year York School District One engaged in a process to foster the design and development of a support system that builds capacity, advances learning outcomes, and creates a shared understanding aligned with the district's mission, vision, beliefs, and board priorities. A variety of stakeholders engaged in a process to help identify the district's strengths and areas of future focus.
Our mission is to cultivate a service-oriented community of learners who strive for personal growth and excellence as communicators, collaborators, creators, and critical thinkers.
To Learn, Serve, and Give as ONE
- Learning is a life-long, ever-changing process for students and staff.
- Each child is unique and should have the opportunity to reach his/her full potential.
- A safe, orderly, and nurturing environment is essential for learning.
- Education is a collaborative effort between schools and the community.
- Technology is a tool that should be leveraged to enhance the teaching and learning process.
- Teaching and learning should be relevant, individualized, and intentional to equip students for success.
1. We will foster and maintain a safe learning environment for students and staff.
2. We will establish and nurture trusting and caring relationships with students, families, community members, and colleagues.
3. We will provide quality learning experiences to meet the individual needs of students.
4. We will embrace a commitment to continuous learning for students and staff.
5. We will partner and collaborate with students, families, and the community to enhance educational experiences.