TITLE: SCIENCE TEACHER
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college
Valid South Carolina teaching certificate
Documented successful teaching experience
Proficiency in the use of technology
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To teach students the content and skills as defined in the Anderson School District Five Approved Curriculum and develop proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving, instill a love and appreciation for independent learning, and build ethical character and promote responsible citizenship.
1. Plans and provides daily instruction based on the Anderson School District Five Approved Curriculum that meets the individual needs, interests, abilities, and developmental levels of assigned students.
2. Plans daily instruction that uses instructional strategies to accommodate individual differences in maturity and rates, styles, and modalities of learning.
3. Provides content for learners that is appropriate for the unit objectives, for students' ability and developmental levels, and maintains a pace appropriate for all students.
4. Provides content for learners using multiple sources and formats, explanations, examples, and demonstrations and provides emphasis on key elements.
5. Monitors and enhances learning using multiple strategies such as observation of student performance, appropriate questioning techniques, informal assessment, appropriate adjustment of instructional strategies, effective instructional feedback, and appropriate and sufficient reviews and summaries of content and skills.
6. Maintains and reinforces appropriate expectations for student performance and responsibility and student expectations for completing assignments.
7. Communicates with parents/legal guardians regarding the academic performance of the students.
8 Displays confidence and enthusiasm and promotes student to student interactions and students to teacher interactions
9 Establishes and communicates to students and parents clear and appropriate rules and consequences for student behavior and enforces rules in a fair and consistent manner.
10. Establishes effective routines for non-instructional tasks, plans for smooth transitions between instructional events, and manages instructional materials, resources, and technologies.
11. Maintains a physical environment that promotes learning and is safe and attractive.
12. Maintains confidentiality of student records.
13. Works cooperatively with the district.
14. Attends staff meetings and serves on committees as required.
15. Performs requirements as established by state and federal laws and requirements established by the Board of Trustees.
16. Fulfills professional responsibilities beyond the classroom.
17. Participates in professional development programs.
18. Performs other duties as directed.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190 days. Salary to be determined by the salary schedule established by the Board of Trustees.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the principal.
Westside High School