TITLE: ELA Teacher
QUALIFICATIONS: South Carolina Certification
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation.
- Is competent in subject area.
- Uses long and short-term planning to organize course content.
- Plans daily activities with written evidence of preparation.
- Plans for student differences; enrichment and remediation opportunity provided.
- Provides for a high degree of pupil participation; uses challenging questions and interesting discussion.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior; distractions seldom interfere with instructional environment.
- Classroom rules/procedures clearly stated, consistently enforced, and well understood by all students.
- States lesson objectives clearly.
- Employs varied approaches in presenting lessons.
- Summarizes the lesson and actively involves students in its closure when possible.
- Has a neat, attractive, and inviting classroom.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis; includes assessment in planning.
- Communicates high expectations for student success.
- Makes appropriate decisions.
- Willingly helps individual students.
- Consistently has accurate grades, records, reports, and plans.
- Is punctual to school and classes; meets schedules or deadlines for grades, reports, etc.
- Sets good example in written and oral communication.
- Poised and self-confident; maintains composure under stress.
- Is dependable in performing duties and assignments.
- Adheres to school board policies, administrative policies, and school policies.
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Respects the confidential nature of matters relating to pupils, parents, and school personnel.
- Uses discretion in remarks about students, teachers, administrators, and school matters.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
- Actively participates in in-service activities designed to stimulate professional growth; exhibits an interest in continuing professional growth.
- Maintains appropriate pupil-teacher relationships.
- Promotes the overall school program by involvement in activities beyond the school day.
- Displays enthusiasm for teaching and learning.
Personal - Professional Relationships:
- Maintains professional relationships with fellow teachers.
- Cooperates with the school administration.
- Provides opportunities for parent-teacher conferences.
- Keeps parents informed of their child’s progress.
- Other duties as requested.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190 day contract. Salary and work year to be established by the district (2021-2022).
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
Florence 1 Schools believes in students first and providing an immeasurable, quality education to our students. We are seeking top talent to build lasting, influential relationships.