TITLE: Special Education Teacher (Multicategorical)
Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited college - Multicategorical
Documented successful teaching experience with students with moderate to severe disabilities
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To provide quality services for support services for trainable mentally disabled students with varying disabilities.
1. Instructs individuals who have been identified, assessed and diagnosed as having moderate intellectual disabilities, autism, and other conditions such as learning disabilities and other health impairments.
2. Implements behavior modification techniques and classroom engineering skills to produce desirable behaviors.
3. Writes behaviorally stated or skill-based goals and objectives for particular areas of instructions in IEPs and lesson plan format.
4. Develops and provides a wide variety of activities and tasks in order to meet lesson and program objectives.
5. Maintains classroom discipline and a physical environment of control for the safety of all students.
6. Understands and utilizes appropriate evaluation instruments and progress monitor skills.
7. Is responsive to the needs and concerns of parents and encourage their participation in their child’s program.
8. Monitors and enhances learning using multiple strategies such as observation of student performance, appropriate questioning techniques, informal assessment, appropriate adjustment of instructional strategies, instructional feedback, and appropriate and sufficient reviews and summaries of content and skills.
9. Provides direct instruction, inclusion support or consultation as outlined in IEP.
10. Maintains confidentiality of student records.
11. Works cooperatively with faculty members and the district office.
12. Attends staff meetings and serve on committees as needed.
13. Fulfills professional responsibilities beyond the classroom.
14. Participates in professional development programs.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190 days. Teacher salary schedule as determined by the salary schedule established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated yearly by the Principal and/or Director of Special Education.
North Pointe Elementary School
Southwood Academy of the Arts (Middle School)
Robert Anderson Middle School
McCants Middle School
Westside High School
Relocations Reimbursements within 200 mile radius.