Elementary English / SS Teacher
Under regular supervision, assists students in learning basic academic, social, and developmental skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women. Works collaboratively with a Mandarin Immersion partner teacher. Reports to the Head of School and/or designee.
- Collaborate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods to develop a program of continuous progress consistent with East Link Academy goals and objectives to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of individual students
- Use Lucy Calkins reading and writing workshop methods to create learning experiences that best utilize the available time for instruction in reading, writing and social studies
- Prepare the classroom to enhance learning and to aid in physical, social, and emotional development of students
- Write, align curriculum, and implement or enact curriculum provided by the school
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Submit weekly lesson plans and grades for report cards on time
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom in agreement with the student handbook
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, use the school’s online gradebook and update in a timely manner, and prepare progress reports as required
- Gather, manage and file all reports, records and other documents where required
- Protect the confidentiality of records and other documents and comply with applicable student records laws
- Supervise and organize student activities and field trips when assigned
- Attend all staff meetings, professional development meetings, and grade level meetings as scheduled
- Be available to offer after school tutoring and activities such as clubs or special interest groups
- Attend open house for prospective parents, as assigned.
- Supervise lunch, hallways, recess and other common areas when assigned.
- Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program
- Maintain professional growth through an on-going program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning
- Ensure necessary and reasonable measures are taken to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities
- Perform other duties as assigned by administration or as customary for teachers
Education and Experience
Education and experience as required by state certification authorities. Early childhood/elementary certification required.
East Link Academy Charter School provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.'
East Link Academy: www.eastlinkacademy.org
The Mission of East Link Academy is to prepare students to be language and cultural links between the West and East in order to meet the global challenges of their lifetime, by providing a rigorous education in math, science, social studies and language arts in a bilingual English-Mandarin environment.