The Admissions Coordinator manages incoming and outgoing communication processes related to all aspects of the lottery and enrollment process for Infant-grade 8 applicants, manages the lottery database and provides support to the Head of School in all aspects of recruitment, processing applications and enrollment. Answering inquiries about the school, the Admission Coordinator is the main point of contact for families navigating the lottery and enrollment processes of MSC. Although the work is ongoing throughout the entire year, there are seasons when there is a greater focus on Admissions specific work (typically January - July) when the lottery is open and active. The Admissions Coordinator also manages all aspects of student records.
As the first point of contact the Admissions Coordinator also serves as the receptionist for the school, managing all incoming and outgoing communication. The Receptionist greets visitors and directs them to the staff person who can address their needs.
- Manages the front office (answering phones, greeting visitors, staff and families, manages mail, and maintains overall attractiveness of the office environment)
- Serves on the MSC Board Lottery Committee
- Answers lottery application and enrollment inquiries and specifically Manages Online Inquiry / Application / Enrollment requests through the MSC Website
- Discusses school programs in depth with inquiring families or potential partners. Refers conversations to the Head of School as appropriate.
- Coordinates, organizes and prepares for Admissions events with the Head of School.
- Maintains online lottery & enrollment materials and updates as requested by committee or Head of School.
- Tracks progress of incoming application/enrollment materials from new students entering the school, and requests missing information. Ensures that DSS, ABC, and SCDE requirements are met.
- Requests records from previous schools and maintains student cumulative records - shares information with SPED / 504 & Title III Coordinator as necessary for new enrollments
- Processes student withdrawals and transfers of records & archives student records
- Provides accurate enrollment information to the PowerSchool Coordinator / Tuition Billing Department
- Tracks students in transition from Infant to Primary to ensure they roll up at appropriate times
- Participates in the re-enrollment process of current students, tracks progress and follows-up with families, addresses questions, and facilitates completion of packets.
- Organizes, manages and inputs information into databases including Lottery Matrix & Class Rostering
- Provides internal administrative and organizational support for MSC lottery & enrollment process
- Produces queries, reports, and lists needed by MSC Administration or MSC Board
- Manages staff / student enrollment in Transparent Classroom - assists with PowerSchool as needed, specifically for student attendance related to late arrivals / early dismissals
- Serves as the point of contact for MSC Pizza Fridays and School Lunch Program through KCSD
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by the Head of School or Administrative Assistant
The Charter Institute at Erskine
Montessori School of Camden - charter school in Camden
MSC is a small public charter Montessori school in Camden, SC. Our 11 acre campus has three buildings and where we serve approximately 140 students ages 6 weeks - 8th grade. The MSC Staff is deeply committed to the mission of the school and many of the employees have been on staff for 10+ years. MSC is a fully accredited GOLD LEVEL school by the Montessori Education Programs International and is authorized by the Charter Institute at Erskine. We have a diverse staff from multiple countries and our student population is made up of those from Kershaw and surrounding counties in South Carolina. The Admissions Coordinator is a vital part of the administrative team at MSC.
Hours of Position: Full Time 8AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday
TEMPORARY POSITION to cover FMLA Leave potential that it could develop into a permanent position which would be 234 days / year.
- Associate Degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Has completed, or willingness to complete a “Foundations of Montessori” course offered by a MACTE-accredited teacher education institution.
- Has experience with software systems required for the position (G-Suite products, Microsoft Products, PowerSchool, Transparent Classroom, etc.)
- Experience working in the education and/or not-for-profit sector is preferred.
- Strong collaborator within a team environment.
Additional Skill Requirements
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to edit and revise existing copy
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to converse comfortably with donors, coworkers, clients and other members of the public
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Physically able to perform assigned duties with or without accommodation
- Ability to work periodic evenings and occasional weekends as necessary to ensure that deadlines are met
- Self-starter and driven to be an ambassador for the MSC program
Salary / Benefits:
Salary and benefits as listed in the MSC Policy & Procedures Manual Salary Schedule
Supervision: Administrative Assistant and Head of School