Kindergarten to 8th grade School Counselor
- Provide individual counseling and group guidance to help students cope effectively with personal, social, academic, career, and family concerns.
- Consult with parents, teachers, administrators, and supporting agencies concerning the needs and abilities of students.
- Implement a comprehensive appraisal process by: a. selecting and administering appropriate ability, achievement, and interest tests, b. visiting with students and interviewing interested adults, and c. interpreting results to students, teachers, administrators, and parents.
- Update and maintain confidential student records, including cumulative transcripts and student files.
- Identify students with special needs and make appropriate recommendations and referrals.
- Implement an effective program of educational and career planning.
- Assist in a continuous program of student orientation.
- Assist in making recommendations for school curriculum and instructional practices.
- Attend and assist when necessary with school events such as musical programs, athletics, student recognition ceremonies, graduation, and open house.
- See that district policies are observed during all activities.
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques relevant to the position..
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
SC Public Charter School District
Green Charter School of the Midlands is looking to hire a School Counselor to serve as a vital presence in working with and supporting students, families and staff. We are a K-8 grade school with 300 scholars present. We recognize the essential role that a counselor can play in promoting the well-being of our school community.
If interested, please apply at this link:
Starting Date will depend on our finding the right candidate for the position.
We will consider both part-time and full-time candidates.
At Green Charter of the Midlands, we and are deeply committed to supporting the growth of all aspects of each scholar's development. We recognize the essential role that our counselor will assume. We posses a highly professional staff that is deeply invested in providing an outstanding experience for every child.