Under occasional supervision, performs specialized work in instructing and directing the activities of students in assigned class to provide a well-organized, smoothly functioning classroom environment. Reports to the assigned school principal.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Meets and instructs assigned classed in the locations and at the times designated.
Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, and in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to...
DILLON SCHOOL DISTRICT FOUR
TITLE: LIBRARY MEDIA SPECIALIST
Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from accredited college or university
South Carolina certification for media specialist
Experience with managing school site collections and the selection/acquisition of materials and equipment
Such other alternatives to the above as the Board and/or Administration may find appropriate or acceptable
REPORTS TO: School Administrator
SUPERVISES: Library Media Assistant
FUNCTION: To provide integrated information program that includes library, media and technology resources in support of the instructional program of the school
Assesses learning and information needs of students and staff
Plans and works collaboratively with teachers
Instructs students and staff in the effective use of ideas and information...
Under general supervision assists students in learning subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible adults. Reports to the school principal.
Education and Experience:
1. Education and experience as required by state certification authorities.
1. Knowledge of the policies, procedures and activities of the school District which pertain to the specific duties and responsibilities of the position.
2. Knowledge in the methods for developing lesson plans and materials, and classroom activities which stimulate learning.
3. Knowledge of the records, forms and reports which must be prepared and maintained.
4. Knowledge of proper maintenance of equipment, materials and supplies used in daily activities.
5. Knowledge of counseling methods necessary for handling student academic and adjustment problems.