Dorchester School District Two
North Charleston, SC, USA
SALARY: As determined by DD2 Salary Schedule
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: 190 days
Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with an approved guidance program
Valid South Carolina certificate in guidance and counseling as specific levels:
a. K-5 Elementary Certification b. 6-8 Elementary or Secondary Certification c. 9-12 Secondary Certification
3. Teaching experience preferred 4. Other qualifications as the Board may deem advisable
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Principal
JOB SUMMARY: Provides academic, career and personal counseling to students to help them meet their educational, vocational, personal and social needs within the framework established by State and District policy.
Assists in the coordination of the school’s counseling program with an emphasis on the foundation, management, delivery and accountability.
Consults and serves as a resource...
Under general supervision assists students in learning subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible adults. Reports to the school principal.
Education and Experience:
1. Education and experience as required by state certification authorities.
1. Knowledge of the policies, procedures and activities of the school District which pertain to the specific duties and responsibilities of the position.
2. Knowledge in the methods for developing lesson plans and materials, and classroom activities which stimulate learning.
3. Knowledge of the records, forms and reports which must be prepared and maintained.
4. Knowledge of proper maintenance of equipment, materials and supplies used in daily activities.
5. Knowledge of counseling methods necessary for handling student academic and adjustment problems.