FLORENCE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT FIVE
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. A bachelor's degree with an emphasis in education or a
particular subject area
- A valid state certificate to practice as a teacher
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the student.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and provides written evidence of preparation
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals/objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete records.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence through attendance at staff development programs.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees.
- Performs extra duties that may be assigned from time to time such as recess duty, bus duty, and lunch duty.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Nine-month year. Salary and work schedule to be established by the Board.
Performance of this job is evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board policy.