Every YPA Teacher is responsible for sustaining and improving excellent academic results for students. YPA Teachers align classroom instruction with the YPA Charter and expectations.
- Obtain outstanding measurable results in terms of both student growth absolute performance utilizing data driven instruction and project/inquiry-based learning.
- Align instructional content and methods with outcomes expressed in the charter, annual operating plan and SC requirements.
- Participate in regular formal and informal evaluation & coaching.
- Create a positive learning environment in which students are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Enhance classroom performance by collaborating with peers, department chairs and administrators.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Establish a learning community within the classroom where all students are recognized for their strengths and student behavior expectations are clear.
- Keep accurate records and complete all paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate flexibility in duties.
- Promote and maintain a safe and healthful environment in the classroom and building.
- Be knowledgeable of, and adhere to, all procedures and practices contained in the current employee, student and parent Handbooks.
- Other duties as assigned by the Building Principal.
Education: Valid South Carolina Teaching Certificate, with a strong GPA in relevant coursework.
Skills/Efforts: Demonstrate a commitment to academic rigor, excellent judgment, and a strong aptitude for organization, planning and execution. YPA teachers are also expected to exhibit to professional collaboration, integrity, enthusiasm, receptiveness, and excellence in communication, both verbal and written.
Working Conditions: Classroom environment with limited exposure to outside conditions. Activities require movement/lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds.
York Preparatory Academy https://www.yorkprepsc.org/
The mission of the York Preparatory Academy is that its students possess the knowledge, skills, character, and determination necessary to excel in their chosen post-secondary pursuits and in life.
Individual student growth in each of these four areas will be a focus every year.
- Knowledge: Students will possess a rich and diverse knowledge base that extends beyond the requirements of the state core.
- Skills: Students will attain a set of well-rounded skills that will enable them to successfully engage in their chosen pursuits.
- Character: Students will develop the courage and integrity needed to consistently make noble choices that will positively affect themselves and others.
- Determination: Students will build the resolve and tenacity required to overcome obstacles and failure, the work ethic to achieve success in their pursuits, and the intrinsic motivation to continue to improve themselves throughout their lives.