High Point Academy Spartanburg is looking for a qualified High School Math Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. This candidate must demonstrate the competencies and behaviors needed to improve student preparedness and mastery to support the values, vision, and mission of the school High Point Academy and state standards. High Point Academy offers full-time employees a competitive salary with state health and retirement benefits.
- Demonstrates mastery of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials for the course(s) taught
- Creates lesson plans, aligned with current school, state and district standards, which drives instruction through formative assessment and differentiation
- Maintains a safe, organized classroom, which supports students’ independent learning, collaboration and choice
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques
- Provides a variety of assessments and uses assessments for planning and instruction
- Provides consistent, immediate feedback to student learning and asks analytical questions that elicit students’ responses that incorporate prior knowledge, life experience, and interests that are directly related to the content objective
- Monitor and maintain a positive classroom environment that supports the school-wide behavior expectation in which most students are engaged, incorporates mutual respect and provides cooperative learning opportunities
- Uses available technology/instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences
- Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members by communicating in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner
- Appropriately communicates and interacts with other professional staff in academic planning and school committee work
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and extra-curricular/school-related activities and committees
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous professional growth and works with the administrator to formulate and complete professional development plans
- Maintains a professional appearance, and exhibits behavior that is conscientious and responsible
- Engages parents and guardians in the education of their children
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the site administrator
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications and equipment
Applicants must be appropriately certified AND highly qualified. To be appropriately certified and highly qualified, successful candidates must hold a current teaching certificate or equivalent certification. Candidate must pass a fingerprint and background clearance check and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance card at all times when in the classroom.
High Point Academy https://hpaspartanburg.com/
High Point Academy Spartanburg, SC is a free public charter school founded in 2014. We are Spartanburg County’s only charter school serving students in kindergarten through 12th-grades. High Point Academy Spartanburg provides a secure and safe environment for students who live in South Carolina regardless of their assigned school district.
High Point Academy Spartanburg is built on the principles of honor, integrity, and service. High Point Academy Spartanburg is led by certified teachers anchored in an applied learning style of instruction with an emphasis in S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) education as well as character development and leadership training. Through a partnership with family and community, each student will be challenged to achieve their highest potential academically, socially, and personally.