Palmetto Scholars Academy, a 6-12 public charter school, is seeking an Assistant Principal for Operations. PSA exists to meet the distinctive academic, social, and emotional needs of students by utilizing best practices of gifted education. The ideal candidate would have a passion for serving adolescents and view the operations of the school as directly supporting the mission of the school and our students’ educational experience. Candidates must be self-motivated to develop relationships within the school, with vendors, and in the community. Candidates must also be willing to accept the challenge to develop clear processes and procedures for all subsystems. In addition to cultivating the school’s culture and displaying effective leadership, the ideal candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Support and communicate PSA’s vision, goals, plans, and priorities to staff, students, parents, and community on a regular basis.
● Collaborate with stakeholders to establish goals, develop a plan, and to set priorities consistent with the school’s vision in order to foster the academic growth and well-being of each student.
● Assist the principal in implementing, evaluating, and refining the plan of action for achieving the school’s vision.
● Assist the principal in the observation and evaluation of staff as well as the implementation of effective teaching and assessment strategies to promote student learning.
● Utilize data to make informed decisions to support the mission and vision of the school.
● Assist the principal in planning and implementing the budget. Seek and allocate resources to achieve the school’s goals.
● Assist the principal in the implementation, evaluation, and refinement of security and safety procedures.
● Develop and coordinate training of technological systems (phones, security, etc) as needed.
● Ensure that the maintenance, cleanliness, and welcoming environment of PSA are maintained.
● Work with the administrative team to establish, communicate, and maintain high expectations of members within the PSA community.
● Collaborate with the administrative team to create, implement, and maintain an orientation program for all faculty members and substitute teachers.
● Assist the principal in the development of an effective communications plan while working to build meaningful relationships with all stakeholders.
● Work with the administrative team to develop a robust professional development plan based on data.
● Actively participate in school activities, including after hours and on the weekends.
● Assist the principal during conflict or crisis situations.
● Coordinate the lunch program with CCSD and other providers as needed.
● Coordinate transportation, use, and maintenance of the PSA-owned vehicle(s), and off-campus outings.
● Coordinate all national, state-wide, and school-based testing, including but not limited to SAT, PSAT, AP, ACT, WIN, DRC Beacon, EOCs, SCReady, SCPass, and ACCESS.
● Additional duties as assigned by the school principal.
Skills and Characteristics:
● A passion for the mission of PSA.
● Demonstrated respect for all people as well as property.
● Open communicator who does not retreat from difficult conversations.
● A willingness to develop and uphold a clear vision.
● Exceptional organizational, planning, and documentation skills.
● Self-starter who has the ability to work collaboratively as well as individually.
● Continuously seeking self-improvement as well as improvement of PSA.
● Excellent written and verbal skills.
● Avid, excited learner.
● Willing to hold self and others accountable to high expectations.
● Hard worker who recognizes the need to maintain a healthy life/work balance.
● Kind, takes initiative, listens well, gives and receives constructive feedback, generally enthusiastic about improving the experience for teachers and students at PSA.
Educational Background and Work Experience:
● Master’s degree required.
● Valid SC Certification in school level administration is preferred.
● Minimum of five years working in a school environment.
● Experience working with adolescents.
● Charter school experience is preferred.
● Demonstrated leadership skills.
Palmetto Scholars Academy https://www.psaschool.org/
PSA is a Gifted and Talented Charter School located in North Charleston, South Carolina.
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. State health benefits are offered. Retirement is offered through a Simple IRA plan